* To visit or telephone an older person or persons who have been referred to opnocs. A mutually agreed day and time will be established for home visits and phone calls although as long as the client agrees the arrangement can later be changed. Volunteers should never allow themselves to be ‘on call’.
* To contact both the client and Opnocs If, for any reason, it is not possible to make a visit or phone call
* To keep a brief record of visits on the Visiting Log, raising any concerns with the Co-ordinator. Concerns may be reported by completing an incident form.
* To ensure that the client is aware of information on healthy lifestyles and services that are available to them. The quarterly newsletter circulated by the Coordinator will support this information.
* To encourage the client, if mobility is not an issue, to attend centres and outside events including those organised by Opnocs
* To take part in training as appropriate.